Kindle Unlimited: Jan 2018

Oh hey guys! It’s me again; you know, the girl with all the unread books? I guess I feel like if I acknowledge all the various reads I have sitting around that it’ll make me get myself in order and stick to what I own instead or wanting to purchase ever shiny new book that comes my way. One thing I’ve really neglected lately is my kindle, and while I did give it a little love last week with my NetGalley posts, I have 20 unread books on there that aren’t ARCS, but either books I’ve read or more so, Kindle Unlimited choices I’ve snagged. I really want to make better use of this feature, because it’s saved me from committing to a bunch of arcs that I can find on here as soon as they’re published. I’m posting my first 10 today and the remaining 10 tomorrow; my goal is to get through at least half of these before adding anything new on either account. Have you read any of the books you see below? Any you’d recommend my attempting first?

• BEAUTY OF THE BEAST by Rachel L. Deme (Historical Romance, Fantasy, Retellings)
  • THE FOURTH MONKEY by J.D. Barker (Thriller, Mystery, Suspense, Crime Fiction)
  • I LIKED MY LIFE by Abby Fabiaschi (Women’s Fiction, Mystery)
  • THE BOOK OF THE UNNAMED MIDWIFE by Meg Elison (Post Apocalyptic, Dystopian, Science Fiction)
  • THE WOOD by Chelsea Bobulski (YA, Fantasy)
  • OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon (Historical Fiction, Romance, Time Travel)
  • GRACELING by Kristin Cashore (YA, Fantasy, Romance)
  • THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater (YA, Fantasy, Mythology)
  • EVERY LAST WORD by Tamara Ireland Stone (YA, Contemporary Fiction, Mental Health)
  • STILL WATERS by Viveca Stein (Crime Fiction, Mystery, Scandi Noir)

Advertisements

About The Suspense Is Thrilling Me

Chelsea is a happily married mother of two who's love of mysteries can be traced back to her first Nancy Drew experience. When not reading and writing book reviews, she likes to drink wine in her jammies and pretend that she exercises.
This entry was posted in General Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Kindle Unlimited: Jan 2018

1. Audrey says:

Graceling is so good!

2. Pingback: Kindle Unlimited: Jan 2018 PT. 2 |

3. I’m with all those on The Fourth Monkey, it’s a fab read!

4. Stephanie says:

Argh! I have had Kindle Unlimited forever, and I keep forgetting about it! I had no idea some of those books were on there! I’ve read some…the Fourth Monkey is freaking awesome, and I read Outlander when it was published and fell in love (wow, I’m old). I’m going to have to go add a few of those to my account, lol!! Thanks, Chelsea!! 🙂

5. angiedokos says:

I would suggest The Fourth Monkey, because it’s on my list and I’d like to read your review to see if I need to move it up. 🙂
    I’ve read Graceling, I enjoyed the series, but they aren’t my favorites.

Liked by 1 person

6. I’m so tempted to get Kindle Unlimited, but it kinda scares me. Clearly it’s a blessing and a curse lol. I have Prime, but the better books are on Kindle Unlimited. Ugh… so very tempting!
    I have Outlander and have been wanting to read it for a very long time! The Fourth Monkey and I Liked My Life look really good.

7. Jo says:

I’ve only read The Fourth Monkey from your list, but it is good! And I love the cover of The Wood…

8. Andrea says:

I enjoyed I liked my life!

Liked by 1 person

9. I loved I Liked My Life so I hope that’s high on your list:) Good Luck!!

Liked by 1 person

10. Omg… now I know what you mean about drowning in books! Good luck!

11. Jessica's Reading Room says:

The Fourth Monkey! It is SO good! You will love it! It was my #2 of last year! Read it!! I cant wait to see what you think of it!

12. Betty says:

I highly recommend starting with Outlander. It’s my favorite series, and (whenever you read it) I hope you’ll love it as much as I do.

13. The Fourth Monkey.. on my fav list of 2017 if that’s any indication 🙂

Liked by 1 person

14. The only one I’ve read is The Fourth Monkey and it’s frickin’ awesome!

Liked by 1 person

15. The Book of the Unnamed Midwife is sooo good! It’s a bit slow in the beginning but stick with it and I promise it’s worth it!
    Seeing all these books makes me really want to get Kindle Unlimited back. lol.